Last week was a little rough, I went 9-5. There were some great picks but I missed on a few. I did not expect Philli to come out the way they did against the Giants. The injury to Beckham really hampered the Eli and the Giants. The Eagles capitalized on two Manning interceptions and made the most of their opportunities.
I’m fairly confident about this week’s picks. I think I could easily go 12-2 or 11-3, the stars are aligning.
This week’s top picks.
- Andrew Luck vs. New Orleans. The Colts came off a big loss last week to the Pats. The Saints defence is not good against the pass, and Luck is healthier this week. Big numbers are coming
- Carson Palmer vs. Baltimore. The Ravens pass D is laughable, teams have had their way all season and Arizona is one of the league’s best teams this year.
- Josh McCown @ St. Louis. McCown has been one of the league’s most efficient passers this season and second in fantasy points only behind Freeman. The Rams pass coverage is suspect, so look for McCown to put up another good fantasy weekend.
- Todd Gurley vs. Cleveland. He is a monster running the ball and the Rams have proven they cannot stop the run. Start him!
- Devonta Freeman @ Tennessee. Lamar Miller ran over the Titans last week and Freeman and the Falcons are significantly better than the Dolphins.
- Marshawn Lynch @ San Francisco. Skittles is healthy again and the ‘Hawks and Niners always great battles. I expect Lynch to find the back of the end zone this week.
- Julio Jones @ Tennessee. Injuries have plagued Julio lately, but reports have said he is moving well and looks ready to go full speed this weekend. Up until his injury, he was the MVP favourite, but the odds have shifted towards Brady and Rodgers.
- DeAndre Hopkins @ Miami. Hopkins is tearing up the fantasy boards lately, teams cannot seem to stop him, even in double coverage. Miami has played better lately, but still has moments where they are susceptible against the long ball.
- T.Y. Hilton vs. New Orleans. Much like Julio, Hilton has been bothered by injuries as of late. Luck came back last week and seemed to use Hilton as a safety valve throughout the game as he was constantly under threat. Look for Hilton to be that man again this week.
- Antonio Gates vs. Oakland. Gates is completely healthy and the Raiders have struggled against tight ends this season. Rivers loves throwing to Mr.Reliable. Expect a touchdown this week from Gates.
- Greg Olsen vs. Philadelphia. Olsen came to the rescue last week in Seattle with two touchdowns. Larry Donnell couldn’t capitalize last week against the Eagles, but I fully expect Olsen to.
- Gary Barnidge @ St. Louis. He hasn’t been stopped yet, so I’m going to continue to roll with him until that happens. Let em fly!
Minnesota. I like the way their defence has played lately, and Detroit is a complete mess. Megatron doesn’t have a touchdown yet this year, that is disgraceful.